FTIFIL National Weight Loss Challenge
The FITFIL National Weight Loss Challenge is a program initiative of Coach Jim Saret and Coach Toni Saret.
This policy refers to all parties who has access to any amount of personal or sensitive personal information from participants joining FITFIL National Weight Loss Challenge.
Who is covered under the Data Protection Policy?
- Employees engaged by Coach Jim Saret and Coach Toni Saret to help in the FITFIL National Weight Loss Challenge (FITFIL) must follow this policy.
- Partners and any other external entities (sponsors, partner associations, brands, weigh-in centers, supporting companies, service providers) involved in the FITFIL National Weight Loss Challenge.
- Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need occasional access to data.
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information from participants joining the FITFIL National Weight Loss Challenge. This information includes any ofﬂine or online data that makes a person identiﬁable and be able to participate in this program.
We collect this information through receipt of information submitted by interested participants. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
OUR DATA WILL BE:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date.
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by the FITFIL National Weight Loss Challenge within its legal and moral boundaries.
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties.
OUR DATA WILL NOT BE:
- Communicated informally to anyone.
- Stored for more than a speciﬁed amount of time.
- Shared to organizations that:
- Do not have adequate data protection policies.
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon or with consent of the data
- owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
- Do not have any formal agreement in writing on data access.
In addition to ways of handling the data, the FITFIL National Weight Loss Challenge has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Speciﬁcally we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected.
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data.
- Inform people about who has access to their information.
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data.
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our database.
To exercise data protection we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data.
- Develop transparent data collection procedures.
- Train everyone involved in the FITFIL National Weight Loss Challenge about online privacy and security measures.
- Use only service providers that protect online data from cyberattacks.
- Follow procedures set by the National Privacy Commission for reporting of data privacy breaches or data misuse.
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data.
- Establish and observe data protection practices as set by the National Privacy Commission.
- Our data protection provisions will appear on our ofﬁcial FITFIL website.
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action under Republic Act 10173.
For your information and compliance.
Data Privacy Ofﬁcer